SSG Course Code: CRS-N-0048337/TGS-2020502313
Equip yourself with a toolkit of strategies and skills to manage and motivate difficult colleagues
All of us would have been placed in situations where we have to deal with a challenging colleague, unmotivated subordinates, difficult bosses and/or customers.
This short course aims to help you:
- Understand what makes individuals challenging to work with
- Develop an awareness of the individual's role, management styles and reward systems in the workplace
By the end of the course, you will be equipped with a toolkit of strategies and skills to manage and motivate people at work.
This course will address the following questions:
- Who are difficult employees? How can they be identified?
- Why do employees or bosses behave in "difficult ways"?
- What impact do reward systems, management style and individual characteristics have on difficult employees' behaviours?
- What are some strategies that leaders can use to lead difficult employees and harness their potential?
- What are some strategies that employees can use to manage difficult bosses and co-workers?
- How does technology impact on interactions and relationships at work?
- How to navigate challenging relationships in the future workplace?
Lecture, experiential exercises, case studies and videos will be used throughout the course.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
- Participants are strongly advised to apply at least 2 weeks in advance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professionals, team Leaders and mid-level managers in supervisory roles, with at least five years of work experience
A good level of proficiency in English and an open attitude towards learning.
Professor, Management & Organisation
COURSE FEES AND FUNDINGS
SME (ETSS Scheme)
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$545.70||$205.70||$545.70|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES Scheme)||$205.70||$205.70||$205.70|
The above prices are quoted in Singapore dollars (SGD), inclusive of 7% GST.