Fintech for Real: Payments and Alternatives
SSG Course Code: CRS-N-0051282/TGS-2020503159
Manage your liquidity more efficiently through understanding of all payment alternatives
With the emergence of different payment options, Fintech platforms and cryptocurrencies, many people are confused as to how to choose a solution to best suit their business or personal needs.
This course provides a good understanding of the payment options available in Singapore, including their features, advantages, and disadvantages. This foundation will enable businesses and individuals to choose wisely and manage their payments and collections more effectively.
Participants will learn about:
- The various payment options that are supported by banks and payment services providers.
- Payment alternatives that are now available through Fintech and cryptocurrencies.
- Where banks still have competitive advantage over fintech in the payment space.
Topics discussed will include:
- Traditional channels for local payments, such as check, Giro, MEPS+, and Nets.
- Real time local payment options, such as Fast, PayNow, e-wallet, Paylah, etc.
- International funds transfer via SWIFT and SWIFT gpi.
- Fintech payment options such as GrabPay, ApplePay, TransferWise, Revolut, etc.
- Entry of digital banks
- Wholesale banking services for managing company’s payments, collections and liquidity.
- Understanding Cryptocurrency coins, tokens, ICO, and payments.
Some hands-on exercises will be carried out during the class. Participants are advised to bring their laptop on Day 2 of the course.
(SGD 205.70 after MAX Funding)
9am - 6pm
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
- Participants are strongly advised to apply at least 2 weeks in advance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All individuals who wish to attain a deeper understanding of global payments and transactions are welcome to attend.
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Finance
COURSE FEES AND FUNDINGS
SME (ETSS Scheme)
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES Scheme)||$205.70||$205.70||$205.70|
The above prices are quoted in Singapore dollars (SGD), inclusive of 7% GST.