SSG Course Code: CRS-N-0048042/TGS-2020502308
Depending on the prevailing Covid-19 environment, classes may be conducted online.
Make sense of financial statements which can help in making investment or credit decisions.
This course will teach you how to analyse and understand the performance and financial strength of companies using financial statements.
- Learning the traditional tools of financial ratio analysis
- Understanding the different business models for various industries
- Examining the drivers that determine company performance and value
- Performing qualitative and quantitative analysis, with focus on SGX-listed companies
By the end of the course, you will be able to make sense of financial statements, which can help in making investment or credit decisions.
The course will address the following:
- Overview of financial statement anlysis and the business cycle
- Strategic business analysis
- The annual report
- Elements in a financial report, including the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and changes in equity statements
- Forecasting and valuation techniques
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
- Participants are strongly advised to apply at least 2 weeks in advance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Individuals who want to better understand how companies perform using financial statement analysis, including investors, consumers, suppliers, regulators and researchers.
A basic understanding of financial and cost accounting concepts, as well as how companies operate within a competitive environment
Adjunct Associate Professor, Accounting
COURSE FEES AND FUNDINGS
SME (ETSS Scheme)
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$642.00||$242.00||$642.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES Scheme)||$242.00||$242.00||$242.00|
The above prices are quoted in Singapore dollars (SGD), inclusive of 7% GST.