SSG Course Code: CRS-N-0048340/TGS-2020502309
Attain practical understanding of Singapore's corporate tax system.
This short course aims to provide you with basic knowledge of corporate income tax laws, principles and practices in Singapore:
- Attaining practical understanding of Singapore's corporate tax system
- Preparing corporate tax computations
- Applying simple and effective tax planning techniques to improve your company's net profit after tax
This course will address the following:
- Overview of the Singapore tax regime
- Basis of income taxation
- Tax residency status and why it matters for corporate taxpayers
- Various types of taxable income derived by companies
- Deemed source income
- Rules for claiming deductible expenses and donations against taxable income
- Special deductions, further deductions and prohibited expenses
- Claiming and deferring the claim for capital allowances
- Plant and machinery allowances
- Writing Down Allowances
- Rules for claiming tax loss items, such as unabsorbed capital allowances, trade losses and donations
- Group relief, carry forward and carry back of loss items
- Taxation of non-residents and withholding tax rules in Singapore
- Taxation of foreign income and ways of seeking relief from double taxation
- Case studies on preparation of tax computations for both profitable and loss-making entities
- Use of exemptions and reliefs to defer and minimise corporate income tax liabilities
Practical examples, illustrations and case studies (including recent court cases) will be used during the course to help you relate and apply to real life tax situations.
(SGD 242 after MAX Funding)
9am - 5.30pm
Advisor: Crystal Tan (Ms)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
- Participants are strongly advised to apply at least 2 weeks in advance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All individuals who aspire to embark on a tax career covering corporate income tax, as well as any non-tax professional who would are concerned with the company's bottom-line and work closely with tax staff to achieve higher profits after tax for the company.
Basic understanding of financial accounting and business laws in Singapore.
Associate Professor, Accounting
COURSE FEES AND FUNDINGS
SME (ETSS Scheme)
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$642.00||$242.00||$642.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES Scheme)||$242.00||$242.00||$242.00|
The above prices are quoted in Singapore dollars (SGD), inclusive of 7% GST.