SSG Course Code: CRS-N-0048334
Apply simple and effective tax planning techniques to improve your disposable income.
This short course aims to equip you with basic knowledge of individual income tax laws, principles and practices in Singapore:
- Attaining practical understanding of the individual income tax system in Singapore
- Preparing individual income tax computations
- Applying simple and effective tax planning techniques to improve your disposable income
This course will address the following:
- Overview of the Singapore tax regime
- Basis of income taxation
- Tax residency status and why it matters for individual taxpayers
- Various types of taxable income in Singapore
- Rules for claiming deductions against taxable income
- Taxation of employment income and tax treatment of benefits-in-kind
- Dual Employment, Areas Representative & Not Ordinarily Resident (NOR) schemes
- Taxation of dividends, interest and rental income
- Tax treatment of donations
- Personal reliefs and rebates
- Case studies on the preparation of tax computations for individuals
- Taxation of self-employed persons
- Tax issues to consider when seconding staff to work overseas
- Tax equalisation and protection policies
- Relevance of tax treaties
- Common tax planning techniques
Practical examples, illustrations and case studies (including recent court cases) will be used during the course to help you relate and apply to real life tax situations.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
- Participants are strongly advised to apply at least 2 weeks in advance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
All individuals who wish to attain a deeper understanding of individual income tax, including:
- HR personnel with tax function responsibilities
- Individuals embarking on a tax career covering individual income tax
- Non-tax professionals who wish to apply simple tax planning to minimise their individual income tax liabilities.
Associate Professor, Accounting
COURSE FEES AND FUNDINGS
SME (ETSS Scheme)
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$642.00||$242.00||$642.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES Scheme)||$242.00||$242.00||$242.00|
The above prices are quoted in Singapore dollars (SGD), inclusive of 7% GST.