SSG Course Code: CRS-N-0048336
Learn the essentials of human resource and employment law in Singapore
Employees are key resources, and businesses invest significantly to recruit and retain its most productive employees. In volatile times, businesses must also manage or release its least productive employees to remain viable and competitive.
Hence, both employees and employers need to have a good knowledge of their employment rights and obligations, to reduce legal disputes and unnecessary costs.
Specially designed for non-lawyers, this course will introduce the essentials of human resource and employment law in Singapore:
- Clarify the rights and obligations of employees and employers
- Examine real-life scenarios that HR practitioners face
- Discuss specific terms in employment contracts
By the end of the course, you will have a clearer understanding of the policies and terms in place, to better manage your employees and human resource processes.
The course will address the following:
- Identifying your Employees (e.g. Gig Workers, Independent Online Workers, Freelancers, etc)
- Contract Formation Matters (e.g. Rejecting for a Better Offer)
- Employment Terms (e.g. Non-compete Clauses, Confidentiality, Intellectual Property)
- Statutory Obligations (e.g. Employment Act, CPF Act, Retirement and Re-employment Act)
- Termination of Employment (e.g. Retrenchment, Unfair Dismissal)
- Dispute Resolution (e.g. Employment Claims Tribunal)
Real life cases and examples will be used throughout the course and as sample employment contract will also be examined.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
- Participants are strongly advised to apply at least 2 weeks in advance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is particularly relevant to
- Human resource managers;
- Entrepreneurs; and
- Business owners; as well as
- All employees and line managers in Singapore.
Associate Professor, Strategy & Policy
Author of "Employment Law in Singapore" (6th Ed)
COURSE FEES AND FUNDINGS
|Self-Sponsored||SME (ETSS Scheme) |
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$642.00||$242.00||$642.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES Scheme)||$242.00||$242.00||$242.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not
earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)
The above prices are quoted in Singapore dollars (SGD), inclusive of 7% GST.