Course Code: CRS-N-0047946/TGS-2020507036
Depending on the prevailing Covid-19 environment, classes may be conducted online.
Use R independently to explore data for better decision making.
We are living in the era of big data, with massive amounts of data and algorithms dominating our daily lives. In this fast-paced business environment, enterprises that are able to analyse big data in real-time and leverage the wisdom of the crowds for ideas will have deeper competitive advantages.
To remain relevant in this era, managers and executives will need new skills to understand big data and to derive valuable insights from it.
R is one of the most popular programming languages used for big data analysis, and this course will teach you from scratch, how to start using R.
- Learn to programme in R
- Learn key concepts for importing and cleaning data
- Organise and visualise data effectively to gain business insights
- Present findings in a structured, meaningful, and convincing way to support decision making
By the end of the course, you will be able to use R independently to explore data for better decisions.
- Fundamental concepts for R programming including data types, data structures and programming structures
- Data wrangling to change raw data into usable data, including data scraping, data cleaning and data transformation
- Making sense of data for decision-making, through statistical summaries and spatial visualisations
Case studies will be used throughout the course to help you understand and apply the concepts.
(SGD 242 after MAX Funding)
9am - 5.30pm
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
- Participants are strongly advised to apply at least 2 weeks in advance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professionals, managers and executives interested in learning R programming to make sense of data.
No programming knowledge required. However, students with programming experience and statistics knowledge will find the course easier to follow.
Senior Lecturer, Analytics & Operations
COURSE FEES AND FUNDINGS
SME (ETSS Scheme)
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$642.00||$242.00||$642.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES Scheme)||$242.00||$242.00||$242.00|
The above prices are quoted in Singapore dollars (SGD), inclusive of 7% GST.