SSG Course Code: CRS-N-0048414/TGS-2019506390
Improve your forecasting with statistics and simulation models.
This intermediate business analytics course aims to provide you with:
- An introduction to regression analysis
- Simulation models for decision-making under uncertainty
By the end of the course, you will be equipped with useful forecasting and simulation skills that you can apply to finance, operations, sports etc.
- Basic concepts and calculations of statistics: central limit theorem, distribution functions, confidence intervals and hypothesis testing
- Regression analysis for explanatory modeling (Python package statsmodels)
- Regression analysis for predictive modeling (Python package scikit-learn)
Simulation models for decision-making under uncertainty
- Introduction to probability
- Random variables and building simulation models
- Statistical measures as the outputs of a simulation model
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
- Participants are strongly advised to apply at least 2 weeks in advance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Individuals who have the basic Python skills and are keen on data analytics skills and their applications.
Quantitatively inclined and have basic Python skills (data types, control flow, and packages like Pandas, NumPy and Matplotlib).
Participants are expected to bring their own laptops (Win or Mac) with Anaconda (free individual version) installed.
Lecturer, Analytics & Operations
COURSE FEES AND FUNDING
SME (ETSS Scheme)
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$642.00||$242.00||$642.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES Scheme)||$242.00||$242.00||$242.00|
The above prices are quoted in Singapore dollars (SGD), inclusive of 7% GST.