SSG Course Code: CRS-N-0048332
Equip yourself with the tools to manage innovation, apply design thinking and re-imagine your business model.
The world has become flatter and increasingly competitive. Consequently, there is a need for firms to encourage innovation and to continuously improve their products and services. Design thinking provides a methodology that can help companies to systematically innovate.
The course will provide you with the tools to manage innovation, apply design thinking and re-imagine your business model.
- Explore the need and importance of innovation
- Examine common causes of failures and what firms can do to mitigate its occurrences
- Introduce design thinking as a methodology to encourage innovation that serves customer needs
- Learn and apply the business model canvas and value proposition canvas to re-imagine your existing business model
There will be numerous case studies and group sharing sessions during the course.
- Innovation vs Invention vs Imitation
- The importance of innovation
- Dynamics of failure and how to mitigate them
- Ways that firms can cultivate innovation
- Design thinking as a strategy for innovation
- Analysis of the Business Model Canvas
- Application of the Value Proposition Canvas
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
- Participants are strongly advised to apply at least 2 weeks in advance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Professionals and managers in any industry, with interests and responsibilities to innovate, including:
- Senior managers
Participants should have basic knowledge about innovation, as well as an interest in innovation and design thinking. Please be prepared to share your experiences with fellow participants.
Professor, Analytics & Operations
COURSE FEES AND FUNDINGS
SME (ETSS Scheme)
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$642.00||$242.00||$642.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES Scheme)||$242.00||$242.00||$242.00|
|Singapore Citizens aged 35 years and above who are not
earning more than $2,000 per month (WTS Scheme)