SSG Course Code: CRS-N-0051767/TGS-2020504752
In view of the current Covid-19 situation, the upcoming course run will be held online.
The Must-know for All Businesses
Contracts are the bloodline of a business. The rights and liabilities of a business largely centre on what is stated in the contract.
Even though lawyers are mostly involved in contract drafting, there is so much more a business or individual can do to better protect their own interests.
Specially designed for non-lawyers, this course will provide participants with a better understanding of:
- Terms of a typical contract
- Contract items to pay attention to
- Contract items to avoid
The course will address the following:
- Essentials of a Contract: Can there be a verbal contract?
- Making Changes to the Contract: Can a business reduce their employees’ pay during a downturn?
- Express Terms in the Contract: Must contractual terms be fair to be valid?
- Implied Terms in the Contract: Is it implied that both parties must act in good faith in carrying out the contract?
- Factors affecting Validity of a Contract: Can a business complain if the other party concealed certain information before entering into the contract?
- Termination of the Contract: How can a business retain the greatest flexibility to exit a contract?
- Remedies for Breach of Contract: Should a business incorporate a pre-agreed damages clause, and is it valid?
Real-life cases and examples will be covered during the course. There will be a contract drafting exercise to help participants better understand and appreciate the terms of a typical contract
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE
- Participants are strongly advised to apply at least 2 weeks in advance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is particularly relevant to
- Employees involved in contract management;
Employees involved in handling or negotiating contracts
Associate Professor, Strategy & Policy
Author of "Employment Law in Singapore" (6th Ed)
COURSE FEES AND FUNDINGS
|Self-Sponsored||SME (ETSS Scheme) |
|Singapore Citizens & PRs aged 21 years and above||$609.90||$229.90||$609.90|
|Singapore Citizens aged 40 years and above (MCES Scheme)||$229.90||$229.90||$229.90|
The above prices are quoted in Singapore dollars (SGD), inclusive of 7% GST.